IF A MINISTER BUILDS OR CONSTRUCTS A BUILDING VIOLATING THE SANCTIONED BUILDING PLAN, HE HAS TO FACE THE MUSIC AND THE DEMOLITION MAN KNOCKING AT HIS DOORS !!!!
VIOLATION IS A VIOLATION, WHETHER IT IS COMMITTED BY THE MINISTER OR ORDINARY CITIZEN AND THE RULE IS THE SAME FOR EVERYONE!!!
BUYING AN APARTMENT OR SITE WITHOUT PROPER SANCTION, APPROVAL AND CLEARANCE, ANY DAY, THE BUYER HAS TO FEEL THE HEAT AND PAY FOR THE MISTAKES!!!
DARE TO BUY ONE!!! ENJOY THE MUSIC OF DEMOLITION !!!!!!
An adverse ruling by SC in the contempt of court petition filed by activist Nagalakshmi could make the railway minister’s position in the NarendraModi Cabinet untenable
Union railway minister D V Sadananda Gowda’s construction of a five-storey complex at a residential plot in HSR Layout, 3rd Phase has returned to haunt him. Activist Nagalakshmi Bai, 51, who had dragged Sadananda Gowda and his former cabinet colleague and present Sringeri MLA, D N Jeevaraj, to the Karnataka High Court, filed a contempt petition against them in the Supreme Court on Aug 5, 2014. The court has posted the matter for November 11.
“The Railway Minister and his former colleague Jeevaraj have wilfully disobeyed the Supreme Court order which had restrained any further construction at the site and structure in question. But they have gone ahead with construction and other activities at the site. As it is a major violation, I have brought the same to the notice of the Supreme Court through the contempt notice,” Nagalakshmi Bai told Bangalore Mirror.
Nagalakshmi has filed the contempt petition stating that the two had violated the Supreme Court order by going ahead with construction activity when they had been restrained from doing so. She also attached 14 photographs, which she claimed were taken on June 15, 2014, stating they attested to activities carried out when a restraining order was on.
The case dates back to 2011, when Nagalakshmi filed a public interest litigation (PIL) against Sadananda Gowda and Jeevaraj over violations pertaining to a construction on site numbers 12 and 13 at HSR Layout, 3rd Phase. Nagalakshmi had contended that the two, who were allotted sites measuring 50′ X 80′ each under G category (CM’s discretionary quota) had violated Bangalore Development Authority’s (BDA) lease-cum-sale agreement that restricts lessees/purchasers from subdividing a property and constructing more than one dwelling house on it during the initial 10 years. She had also contended that the duo had amalgamated the two sites even after BDA had rejected an application in this regard.
High Court, which heard the PIL on October 19, 2012, ruled against the duo and asked the BDA to act within three months as per the lease-cum-sale agreement, which empowers the agency to forfeit the land without paying any compensation in case of violation of conditions.
Subsequently, the duo moved the Supreme Court challenging High Court judgment. The Supreme Court passed an order on January 2, 2013, restraining the petitioners from carrying out further construction. “…The petitioners are also restrained from carrying on further construction on the subject plots without the leave of this court,” the apex court had observed.
Speaking to Bangalore Mirror, Gowda said, “I haven’t received any notice pertaining to the contempt petition so far. But I haven’t carried out any sort of work at the site and the allegations reportedly made by the applicant are baseless. Whatever work was carried out at the structure was done before the Supreme Court stay. Nothing was done after that.”
D N Jeevaraj told BM: “I haven’t carried out any activity there and haven’t even gone to the place either except once when I needed a photograph for submission to the Supreme Court. Somebody may have given false information to her (Nagalakshmi Bai).”
Nagalakshmi, however, remained unfazed: “As they have repeatedly violated the rules and even the Supreme Court directive, we will seek action when the matter comes up in November.